CentOS supports multiple languages
To change language in CentOS
- Go to System>Administration>Language
- Provide root password if not logged in as root
- Select a language and click OK
You can also change language from login screen.
To start Language Selection tool from Terminal type
and provide root password.
- To see list of available locales type following in terminal
- Now to change the locale type
For Example to change to Japanese locale do the following
Type locale in terminal to confirm the change.
This sets the locale to Japanese for CURRENT CONSOLE only.
Applications started from this console will open in Japanese locale, If you open a new console or start application from somewhere else then it will open in default system Language.