Some websites donot load properly or donot open at all . The problem comes while using Broadband in PPPoE mode and everything works fine in Bridge mode.
Sites work fine while using proxy or using Opera turbo .
The problem is due to wrong MTU values set at Modem and in windows.
Make sure that both Modem and Windows have same MTU value .(for eg. set MTU as 1460 )
Setting MTU in Modem
-Go to your modem homepage ( Like 192.168.1.1)
– Open Interface Setup>Internet Settings (different for different modems)
– Set Encapsulation as PPPoE/PPPoA
-Now set TCP MTU option to 1460 bytes
Setting MTU in Windows 7 or Vista
- First Check the MTU value of Windows (Enter following in Command Prompt)
netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
- If the Value is different from the value set at modem then change it by following commands in CMD
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1460 store=persistent
If you are using a Wireless Connection to connect to Internet then
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wireless Network Connection" mtu=1460 store=persistent
Restart your modem with Current Settings and the connection will work perfectly.
Setting MTU in Windows XP
In Windows xp, changing the MTU value from the defaults, requires you to modify the TCP/IP parameters for the adapter in Windows Registry.
- Click Start-> Run , type “regedit” and press Enter
- Go to following Registry Key
- In the right-panel, create a new DWORD named “MTU” with the value (say 1460 in decimal).
- This sets the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) for that particular network adapter. Restart may be required.