ANT is a java build tool to do various tasks like compile, assemble, test/run java applications.
Easiest way to use ant is through command -line .
Here are the Steps to Install Ant on Windows
- Download ant package from http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- Extract the downloaded file
- Right Click “Computer” and click Properties to open System Information or go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System
- Click on “Advanced System Settings ” to open System Properties window.
- Select ” Advanced” tab and click on “Environment Variables” button at the bottom
- Add a “New User Variable” with Variable Name as ANT_HOME and Variable Value as path to your extracted ant folder (Folder that contains bin folder) like C:\apache-ant-1.8.2
To check if ANT has been installed , Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right Click in any folder) and type any ant command like ant -version