Updating Firebug in Firefox 5 , 6 removes the icon in add-on bar at the bottom .
In newer versions of Firebug the icon in add-on bar has been removed and changed to toolbar-icon that can be placed on any toolbar . Here are the steps:
- Right Click on Firefox Toolbar (at the top ) and Click Customize
- “Customize Toolbar” window pops up showing various items.
- Scroll down and find Firebug icon
- Now Drag the icon and drop it on any Toolbar or add-on bar at the bottom
- Firebug icon will now be visible. To change the position of Icon again click “Customize” and repeat above steps