You tube is changing its layout but the new design has not been released officially.
You can get new design as follows:
- Go to YouTube Homepage
- Press Ctrl+Shift+J to open Developer Tools
- Click on the “Console” Tab and paste the following
- Press “Enter” and reload YouTube homepage to get new Layout
- Press “Enter” and reload YouTube homepage to get new Layout.
YouTube is largest video sharing website on the web.
Problems switching to Full Screen
- Whenever Users click full screen icon on a video, the video reloads again and deletes the already buffered data. So users with slow download speed have to wait on switching to full screen and back
- In Full Screen Mode user cannot do other tasks as freely , you have to exit to do other things
How to Fix ?
Changing User Settings
- YouTube videos are played at 360p by default
but when a User clicks on Full Screen icon the video gets changed to 480p
for video quality and buffer is reloaded.
- Login to your YouTube Account
- Go to settings > Playback Setup and check the option “I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video”
- Save Changes
Now the video will not reload when you are logged in.
- If you are using Firefox then you can solve this problem by installing a user script for Grease Monkey
Stretch to Browser’s Size (Best Way)
- One more way to solve the full screen problem and multi-tasking while playing video is to stretch the Video to occupy your Browser’s window.
- Open a YouTube video like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_M6PzXS9g
- Rewrite this URL to http://www.youtube.com/v/hC_M6PzXS9g . Just copy the UniqueID (hC_M6PzXS9g in above example) and go to URL http://www.youtube.com/v/UniqueID
- Now you can resize the window to any size without rebuffering and switch to other tabs and tasks without any problems