Steps to Disable Tools->Folder Options in Windows explorer.
(Can be used to prevent access to various options available)
- Open Registry . (Type “regedit” in Run)
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Select and open NofolderOptions Dword and set Value to 1
If “NofolderOptions” Dword is not present then create a new DWORD value with following settings:
Data: 1 (disable) /0 ( enable)
This removes folder options for User. To disable for all users edit key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Windows 7 default logon screen background can be changed to any image of your choice.
You can change logon screen background manually by editing registry but it is not recommended for beginners ,takes more time and you can always get it wrong.
Windows 7 Logon Background Changer
Windows 7 Logon Background Changer is a free open source software that let you change the wallpaper of the Windows 7 logon screen.It automatically creates JPEG files based on the image for the Windows 7 logon screen, applies the appropriate cropping and sizing and saves them using the best compression quality possible.
- Download Windows 7 Logon Background Changer .
- Extract the downloaded file and run Win7LogonBackgroundChanger.exe (as Administrator)
- Click “Choose a Folder” and select a folder containing image that you want to set as background.
- Select image and click “Apply”.
Tweaks.com Logon Changer for Windows 7
The Tweaks.com Logon Changer for Windows 7 provides an easy way to customize the logon screen background.
- Download Tweaks.com Logon Changer for Windows 7
- Extract the downloaded file and run TweaksLogon.exe
- Click “Change Logon Screen” and select the image you want to set as Background ( It will automatically resize if size exceeds the limit)
Logon Screen Rotator is a free application that will change the logon background image to an image of your choosing and also at a time you select
ANT is a java build tool to do various tasks like compile, assemble, test/run java applications.
Easiest way to use ant is through command -line .
Here are the Steps to Install Ant on Windows
- Download ant package from http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- Extract the downloaded file
- Right Click “Computer” and click Properties to open System Information or go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System
- Click on “Advanced System Settings ” to open System Properties window.
- Select ” Advanced” tab and click on “Environment Variables” button at the bottom
- Add a “New User Variable” with Variable Name as ANT_HOME and Variable Value as path to your extracted ant folder (Folder that contains bin folder) like C:\apache-ant-1.8.2
- Now in “System Variables” select and edit “Path”.
- Add the path to bin folder like C:\apache-ant-1.8.2\bin or %ANT_HOME%\bin . Click OK
To check if ANT has been installed , Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right Click in any folder) and type any ant command like ant -version